Guide to Fix Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failure Issue
Did you try to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update but failed miserably? For how long have you been struggling with the issue? Weeks? Well, regardless of how long this issue has been driving you nuts, the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this post will help you fix it. So, wait no more and read on.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failed
1. Reboot Your Netgear Orbi Router
Rebooting is the first thing that you do when any of your devices stop working, right? Well, that's exactly what you need to do with your Netgear Orbi router too. Sometimes, a simple restart is enough to get rid of technical issues.
Follow the instructions mentioned below to reboot your Netgear Orbi device:
- Turn off your Orbi router and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Disconnect all the devices connected to the Netgear Orbi router.
- Wait for some time before plugging your router back into the wall socket.
- Then, power on your Orbi router and connect it to the modem.
After following these instructions, access the Orbi login page and try to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update. What happened? Still stuck with the same issue? If yes, then continue reading.
2. Check the Ethernet Connection
Another major reason why you failed while trying to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update is perhaps because of a worn-out Ethernet cable.
Therefore, keep the following points in mind while using an Ethernet cable to create a connection between your Orbi router and modem:
- Your Ethernet cable should be free of cuts.
- If your cable has any breakage, avoid using it.
- Make sure that your Ethernet cable is finger-tight.
3. Perform Factory Default Reset
If restarting your device and checking the Ethernet cable didn't resolve the issue for you, then you can rely on the reset process. Restoring your Netgear Orbi router to its factory default mode is the ultimate fix to resolve the firmware update failure issue.
Here is how to reset your Netgear Orbi device:
- Look for the Reset button located on your Orbi.
- Found? Good. Now, take an oil pin or toothpick.
- Now, press the Reset button carefully,
- Wait for some time so that your device can properly get restored to the default mode.
After resetting your Netgear Orbi device, configure your device again. If you still aren't able to update the firmware, then it's probably because you're following the wrong steps. Thus, follow the steps mentioned below to update the firmware of your Orbi.
Steps to Manually Update the Firmware of Your Orbi Router
- Open an updated web browser on your PC.
- Access the orbilogin administrative page.
- Enter the default username and password of your Netgear Orbi router.
- Once done, click on the Log In button.
- Then, navigate to the Settings option and click on Administration.
- Select the Firmware Update option and follow the on-screen prompts.
This was all about how to fix the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue. We hope that this post helped you in updating your WiFi device without any hassle. If the issue is still making you baffle, then don't hesitate to reach out to our well-versed experts.