How to update Orbi Firmware?
This article will provide you all the required information on how to update Orbi firmware through Orbilogin.com or https://orbilogin.com. You can update the Orbi WiFi system automatically or by manual option. We will provide you step-by-step instructions on both options. By updating the Netgear Orbi firmware, you will get all the latest features on your Netgear Orbi router. All you need a computer or laptop to complete the Netgear Orbi firmware update process.
We always recommend Netgear Orbi users to update firmware whenever it is available on their WiFi router. Some models like RBR50 or RBK 20 can check and update the Netgear Orbi firmware automatically but in some cases, there is a need to check the update manually. New versions of Netgear Orbi firmware help to fix bugs, provide latest security and enhance the security features. It is highly advisable to Netgear Orbi users to check and update the Orbi firmware on time. Go through the following steps before starting the Netgear Orbi Firmware update process. This Netgear Orbi firmware update task can take 5 to 10 minutes, so be patient.
Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Tips and Tricks
- Use only wired connections to complete Netgear Orbi Firmware tasks.
- Do not press the reset button in between the process.
- All the devices will go offline in between the updates, so worry not.
- Never try to do it manually if you don’t have proper knowledge.
- Orbilogin.com or https://orbilogin.com is the default URL for Orbi login page.
- Do not press the power button of your Orbi router while updating the Orbi firmware.
- Once the Orbi firmware update is done, you will need to connect your wireless devices again on Orbi WiFi home network. You can use the same WiFi details.
- Smartphones and tablets will not work for this task.
- Do not use wireless connection for Netgear Orbi firmware tasks.
Steps to do Orbi Firmware Update automatically through orbilogin.com
- Connect your computer or any compatible device to the Orbi Home WiFi network.
- Launch any web browser on the connected device.
- Open orbilogin.com or www.orbilogin.com using the browser.
- On the login page, enter the router’s username and admin password.
- Do not use WiFi password in admin password field.
- Now you can see the Orbi dashboard.
- Click on Administration option to land on the Netgear Orbi Firmware Update page.
- Reaching the Orbi Firmware Update page, you will see two options. They are: Online update and Manual Update.
- In Online update option, you will see the details of your Netgear Orbi model and current firmware version of Orbi router and each satellite. Click on the check button to get information of the latest version of Orbi firmware and then click on update all.
- Now wait for a while and let the task of Orbi Firmware update gets done.
- Your router will start rebooting in between the process. Connect your wireless device again once the LED lights on the router get stable.
- On the Online Update screen, now you can see the details of the current Orbi firmware update version.
If still you are not able to update your Netgear Orbi with the latest firmware version, feel free to contact our experts for immediate help.
How to Manually check and update the Netgear Orbi Firmware?
- Do not download the wrong Netgear Orbi Firmware update version.
- Wrong Orbi firmware update can damage your Orbi router permanently.
- Please do not power off or reset your Orbi router in between the process.
- This Orbi firmware update process may take a few minutes to complete.
- Visit Netgear Support page to get the right firmware version file.
- Save new firmware version file only in .img and .chk version.
- Never download Netgear Orbi firmware version from the third-part sites.
Moving on, check the steps below to learn how to manually check and update Netgear Orbi firmware. Read on.
- Go to the Netgear Download center to get the latest Netgear Orbi firmware version file.
- Download and save it on your computer.
- Now go to Manual option and you will see details of the satellite’s current Orbi firmware version.
- Click on ‘Update’ and enter the router login details such as router’s username and admin password.
- Now you need to click on the Browse button to upload the file of the Orbi firmware latest version.
- Hit on ‘UPLOAD’ to start the Netgear Orbi firmware update process.
- This process may take some time to complete and your Orbi router will restart once done.
- Once the Orbi firmware update process is done, please cross check it with the latest version of Orbi firmware.
Orbi firmware update task is now completed. You can enjoy the Orbi services again with the latest features and security. Now you will get more out of your Orbi WiFi router.
Still can’t get the Orbi Firmware Updated? Contact our experts!
Common issues while doing Netgear Orbi Firmware Update
- Not able to log in to Orbi login page.
- Orbilogin.com not working.
- Unable to find correct Orbi firmware version.
- Getting a failed message in between the Netgear Orbi Firmware update process.
- Not able to access the Orbi dashboard to update the firmware.
- Devices are not connecting after the Netgear Orbi firmware update.
- Orbi firmware update failed.
- Orbi login page not working.
- https://orbilogin.com or www.orbilogi.com not responding.
- Unable to login with the current admin password.